“If you always put limit on everything you do- physical or anything else- it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there. You must go beyond them.”
Oh yeah, I pulled out the Bruce Lee today. Maybe I was inspired by my new self defense lessons. Speaking of which, maybe I’ll start adding a self defense move of the week you tube video with my posts so everyone can learn how to kick ass with me…
Today I worked my second 13 + hr shift this week and came home exhausted (saving lives is hard work ) I considered going straight to bed, but decided to “dig deeper” and do my scheduled Insanity workout instead. On the agenda today: pure cardio and abs. I did the abs first because I didn’t realize initially that they were separate workouts. Anyway, the ab workout was only an additional 15ish minutes, so even combined with the full cardio workout, it was not as bad or long as boot camp. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but since I’m a couple days behind I think I’m going to skip ahead to the fit test and possibly the next workout.
Plus, TOMORROW IS BOOT CAMP YEA!!!!!! Can you tell I’m REALLY looking forward to it? Is it still sadistic to look forward to torture and pain when you know it’s good for you? In reality, it’s not really boot camp I get excited about- it’s SURVIVING another boot camp and the associated post workout high (not to mention hanging out with my awesome “other family”!)
So here’s to rising above plateaus, digging deeper, and being the person you are meant to be!
So, for anyone interested… here is one of the useful moves Adam taught me called the “Rolling Knee Bar” (or “How to Break the Bad Guy’s Knee”). Enjoy!
- Why Boot camp an Decongestants Don’t Mix… (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- Oh my abs… (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- One week with no boot camp… (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- I am an Addict… (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- Still Sick, but Not Defeated (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- Keep on Keeping on (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- Good bye Modesty (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- Life Without Boot Camp… (runningthriver.wordpress.com)
- Conquering Fear and Establishing Goals (runningthriver.wordpress.com)